Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Of Freezes and Falls


I am a dancer. In fact, if you ask me who I am I would probably shuffle between that and ‘I am a writer’ depending on who you are. But in the present context and with reference to this note, I am, first and foremost, a dancer. Because that is what I have been doing from when I can remember. 

There is no rush like the one you get when you are on that stage, the music so loud you almost feel the beat hit your heart and the crowd is cheering you on. Or when you get your ever first standing ovation. Or when in between a routine you look through the corner of your eye and find 8 others in impeccable synchronisation with you. Or when you get good enough to call yourselves a 'dance crew'.

This is my crew - my 'after-hour activity'. And this is one of the best and one of my last times on stage with them. With only 9 very average dancers and a fancy name nobody could really pronounce to start with, you could say we have come a decent enough way. Those 8 hour after-class rehearsal sessions weren't for nothing after all.

1 comment:

  1. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete